What do we want our curriculum to achieve?
In line with the EYFS Expressive arts and design curriculum our Reception children will:
Explore and use media and materials
- Safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function
- Be able to sing songs, make music and dance, and experiment with ways of changing them
- Use what they have learnt about media and materials in original ways, thinking about uses and purposes.
- Represent their own ideas, thoughts and feelings through design and technology, art, music, dance, role play and stories
How do we fulfil this in EYFS?
- Playing & exploring
- Engaging in active learning
- Creating & thinking critically
- Our curriculum is taught by the class teacher