Fundamental British Values
What do we want our curriculum to achieve?
- We actively promote British values in school to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain.
- Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’.
How do we achieve this?
- Election of pupil leaders e.g. School Council, Eco Council, Online Safety, Play leaders, Lunch leaders and Class leaders
- Carry out roles and responsibilities; talk about who helps us in our country
- Vote on decisions to be made
- Express their views and opinions e.g. surveys, RE & PSHE lessons
|Rule of law
- Learn our school values and rules e.g class, school and playground
- Follow online safety and personal safety guidance
- Visits from Police to help reinforce responsibilities we all have and consequences of not following the rules
- Exploring right and wrong, co-operation, individual and shared responsibility
- Make informed choices in a safe and supportive environment e.g. behaviour, rewards, online safety, lunch choices & participation in after school club
- Celebrating individuality e.g. what you are good at & enjoy doing; weekly celebration assemblies
- Welcoming invited people to our school
- Learning about friendship and getting along
- Learn about our school values, including 'respect'
- Safeguarding ourselves and others: including Online safety and Taking Care
- Learn about our own other cultures, religions, beliefs and practices
- Have opportunities to express own views and beliefs
- Eco leaders promote respect for the environment e.g. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
|Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
- Explore a range of cultures through R.E., assemblies and educational visits
- Promote diversity through our celebrations of faiths and different cultures, stories and shared experiences
- R.E. and PSHE lessons
- Host daily acts of worship and assemblies including representation from different faiths
- Visit places of worship from a range of faiths