What do we want our curriculum to achieve?
How do we fulfil this in KS1?
Pupils are taught how to design, make, evaluate and develop their technological skills and be taught nutrition, cooking techniques along with hygienic and safe practice through the following process:
Year 1 learning modules
- investigate what needs to be in place so a structure remains standing on it's own
- use a range of materials to explore and reason about why some structures may fall.
- know why colourful food can be healthier
- know how different food can affect your senses
- be able to peel, chop and grate a selection of vegetables
- be able to modify food to suit food senses.
- identify a range of construction materials
- investigate how materials can be changed by adding heat or water
- use a combination of materials to create a small model house