What do we want our curriculum to achieve?
- Provide opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding of designing and making functional products
- Nurture creativity and innovation through design, and by exploring the designed and made world in which we all live and work.
How do we fulfil this in KS1?
Pupils are taught how to design, make, evaluate and develop their technological skills and be taught nutrition, cooking techniques along with hygienic and safe practice through the following process:
- Design (consider users & purposes, develop, model & communicate)
- Make (planning, practical skills & techniques)
- Evaluate (own ideas & existing products)
- Technical knowledge (making products work)