What do we want our curriculum to achieve?
- Provide equality of opportunity so every child is included and supported
- Provide a secure foundation where every child makes progress and ensure no child gets left behind
- Provide planned learning and development opportunities which are around the needs of the children
- Be challenging and enjoyable in all areas of learning and development
- Ignite children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, and for building their capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive
- Enable children to play and explore; actively learn; create and think critically
How will we fulfil this?
- All areas of Learning and Development are important and inter-connected
- The year is divided into half termly topics, with an engaging stimulus as a starting point
- We use a range of high quality literature from a range of authors
- Children will be enabled to:
- Play & explore
- Engage in active learning
- Create & think critically