What do we want our curriculum to achieve?
- Religious traditions in Great Britain are in the main Christian, and take account of the teaching and practices of the other principal religions represented in the country
- Help children develop understanding and empathy
- Respect the right of people to hold and practise beliefs different from their own
- Develop the children’s skills, concepts and attitudes identified in the Agreed Warwickshire Syllabus.
How do we fulfil this?
Warwickshire R.E. syllabus
- In RE lessons we seek to promote reflection, empathy, comprehension, investigation, interpretation and analysis
- Foster attitudes such as curiosity, open-mindedness, self-understanding, respect, wonder and appreciation, as these are fundamental to a fair minded study of religions and the spiritual dimensions of human life.