What do we want our curriculum to achieve?
- Help children understand how algorithms are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions
- Enable children to create and debug simple programs
- Enable children to use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs
- Enable children to use a range of technologies purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content
- Enable children to recognise common uses of information technology beyond school
- To be able to use technology safely and respectfully, keeping personal information private; identify where to go for help and support when they have concerns about content or contact on the internet or other online technologies