What do we want our curriculum to achieve?
- Help children understand how algorithms are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions
- Enable children to create and debug simple programs
- Enable children to use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs.
- Enable children to use a range of technologies purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content.
- Enable children to recognise common uses of information technology beyond school
- To be able to use technology safely and respectfully, keeping personal information private; identify where to go for help and support when they have concerns about content or contact on the internet or other online technologies.
How do we fulfil this?
- Engage with Purple Mash, our virtual learning platform
- Explore and learn through a wide range of units
- Explore a variety of tools and online resources
- Enable children to learn how to follow online safety rules
The sequence of our units are under review.