What do we want our curriculum to achieve?
- Support all pupils to work historically through enquiry and an investigative approach
- For pupils to increase and extend their knowledge of the subject
- To master key concepts and subject skills by ‘doing less better’
- Combine the application of key skills, processes and subject vocabulary with the development of knowledge and understanding
- Ensure appropriate historical vocabulary is introduced and consolidated
- Develop the ability to recognise, identify, describe, observe, reason, recall, compare and contrast, sequence, categorise, reason and interpret
- Begin to explain significant historical events and the actions of notable people