Our amazing school has places for September 2024 - please call the office on 01788 811549
Home Page

Bilton Infant School‘Be the best we can be’

Welcome toBilton Infant School‘Be the best we can be’

SEN and Disability

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)      



We work hard to be an inclusive school, giving consideration to the needs of each pupils' individual starting point,

 so they can 'be the best they can be'. 


Our SEND and other policies can be found here.

Special educational provision covers a wide range of need including sensory impairment, physical disability, communication, learning, emotional and behavioural difficulties, as well as children with exceptional ability.


A number of children may need special educational provision at some time during their school lives which calls for special educational provision to be made for them. For some children, the provision may last for only a short period of time. However, for other children the provision may last longer.


In school we provide a range of reasonable adjustments so support all pupils to access learning.


For a small minority of pupils, we will need to provide additional adaptations to enable them to access learning or to meet their individual needs. We work with families to support children, including regular our Plan - Do - Review sessions.

This report includes what we do at Bilton Infant School as part of our SEND offer. 


School is unable to provide a diagnosis of any pupil. However, we work in partnership with a number of additional agencies who are qualified to do so.   


Further information can be found on Warwickshire's Local Offer.

Warwickshire's Local Offer


Warwickshire’s SEND Local Offer brings together information about the local services and support available across education, health and social care for families with children and young people aged 0 to 25, who have special educational needs and/or disabilities.


You can find out more about how the Local Offer can support you and your child or young person by watching this video.  

If you have any questions or would like some support, please contact the Family Information Service on 01926 742274 or email   

Warwickshire SENDIAS


Free information, advice and support to disabled children and young people, and those with SEN from birth to 25 in Warwickshire.


Follow SENDIAS on social media:

Facebook - @warwickshireSENDIAS

Twitter - @warwickshireIAS

Location: Exhall Grange Special School, Lancaster House, Easter Way, Warwickshire, CV7 9JG 

 Information about the local services and support available across education, health and social care for families with children and young people aged 0 to 25, who have special educational needs and/or disabilities.

If you are concerned about your child


Step 1:  talk with your G.P, Health Visitor or class teacher about your concerns.


Step 2:  try using the Dimensions Tool (below).  Share the outcomes with the class teacher if you still have concerns.


Step 3:  access one of the following for support:


  • Family Information Service helpline: 01926- 742274 or email for parenting help and advice / signposting / Family Support Worker


  • Compass: for health matters call:  03300 245 204 or email


  • Primary Mental Health Team 1:1 consultation: 07917 - 504682 or  email:


Further details on what these services can offer are below and on our Useful Links page.


Step 4:  if it is agreed that a plan would benefit your child, meet with any professionals involved to draft one.


Step 5:  work together to implement any agreed actions in the plan.


Step 6:  regularly review the progress against the plan, with those involved.  Continue to Assess, Plan, Do and Review.

Emotional Wellbeing & Mental Health Support


See your GP or health visitor if your child is showing signs of autism or you’re worried about their development.


If appropriate your GP can refer you to a healthcare professional or team who specialise in diagnosing autism, or someone who has access to such a team.

Developmental co-ordination disorder (DCD or dyspraxia)


Developmental co-ordination disorder (DCD), also known as dyspraxia, is a condition affecting physical co-ordination. It causes a child to perform less well than expected in daily activities for their age, and appear to move clumsily.


Dyslexia is a common learning difficulty that can cause problems with reading, writing and spelling.


It's a specific learning difficulty, which means it causes problems with certain abilities used for learning, such as reading and writing.